fresh subline

A Breath of Fresh Air in an Otherwise Stale Culture.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vis Comm II updates

Been a hectic week, however here are some new projects and some updates. There will be a full update probably next Thursday at somepoint since we have our midterm folio due next friday. I'm thinking the herpetology poster, smokey ads, NAHM ads, Booklet layout, and RedBarn poster so far. Possibly my second Goudy poster. I still need to go through all my work and get what I want to use so I can make sure Rusty approves them if they haven't been. Anyways here are the updates.

These are new concepts for NAHM posters. I really like the concept on these and am happy I went a different route. I need to re work the imagery on the Ira Hayes and Jim Thorpe ones to echo the Billy Mills one more, however I think these are strong posters.






This is a new project. 3 series ad for smokey the bear. This one was probably one that I had the easiest time with as far as coming up with concepts. I really like this one and just need to tweak the imagery a bit. 







This project is a booklet design for a study abroad pamphlet. The images below are print spread instead of reader spread (yea yea I know) however when this is fully approved I will post an interactive .swf which has mouse click page turning capabilities (pretty damn cool!). Some difficulties with this one have been printing them out correctly, amount of text layout, variation in type to add interest, and of course I still need to add photos to these, which is the next big step, since this layout has some breathing room.  


















Here is what I hope to be the finished Herpetology poster. Getting a tagline to reinforce the imagery was really a struggle with this one (trying to say it just right), but I think I got there. I'm happy with this poster, I'm normally not an advocate for sex sells, but the contrast between "science nerds" and "the girl they think they'll never get " was just too much to pass up. I'm really happy with this poster, and I will probably use it in the folio.