fresh subline

A Breath of Fresh Air in an Otherwise Stale Culture.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vis Comm II Class Work

So here are some updates on my class work. I've been working with the three before mentioned layouts. Firstly the bait lure layout. Not much concept needed in this layout, just arrange text and sell the lures. I did a hand illustration for this one which I am REALLY satisfied with. The text has been a little tricky, but only because of the arrangement of the illustration. I still need to add in images of the lures, but I haven't bought them yet. I'll get there.

Let's Eat....or not. This layout has been different in the respect that the standard post dispatch crap is on the top and bottom. Other than that I just had to shoot photography for this one and layout the short story. It's extremely short which is always a tricky change up. so I came a colomn in on both sides and gave the layout some air. I also tried to be careful with the colors in the photographs I shot and balance them out since I knew this was gonna be a simpler layout (I wanted the photos to have some tasteful impact.) It's getting there. 



Chilis. This one has been heavily concept driven. I'm working on developing an in-store sell concept where theoretically these posters would be hung up in the store, as an added aid in trying to sell the product. The label has been the toughest part. I'm working on trying to arrange a pleasing arrangement of all the necessary parts. Eh. The posters Have been fun to shoot. The main idea is focusing on the reaction to tasting the chili in a contrast of using a tagline that implies that it's no big deal, so grab a can and see for yourself. The taglines are always what snags me up, as they are still doing in these layouts. Oh well. I'll get there.